2012 was overall a fantastic year for DirectionGroup. Not that we were immune to the tough economic environment in which we all continue to do business. We were challenged with budget cuts from several key clients, and were asked by all clients to deliver more for less, a theme that I see continuing into 2013. Despite all this, we planned, developed and implemented some fantastic campaigns for our clients that were not only fun to work on, but delivered stellar ROI to the business.
What was particularly rewarding to see however, was the ongoing commitment and enthusiasm of the team here at DirectionGroup. Enthusiasm is a key ingredient in our company ‘can do’ attitude, and it so often makes the critical difference between a job being just ‘on brief’, or a job going ‘beyond the brief’.
So, here are a few of my highlights from 2012 which reflect great team effort and individual enthusiasm:
- Adding six new clients to our list, all won through competitive pitching
- Achieving a pitch success rate of 80% reflecting our commitment to brand STAND OUT
- Winning 5 awards over the past 12 months – a tribute to both great clients and great work
- Taking time out to raise over £2,000 for local and national charities through individual endeavours and group events like the Macmillan coffee morning
- Early adoption of new cut-through technologies in our campaign work – video-in-print was successfully used for highly personalised B2B marketing, and Aurasma virtual reality used to bridge the gap between print and digital in retail
- Ranking 27 in the Top 50 B2B Marketing agencies in the UK (B2B represents 50% of our business)
- Being invited to take key speaker slots at events like the annual B2B conference and at IDM events
- Production and Board Director, Gary Mott, making a long-haul visit to China to explore new manufacturing and print supplier opportunities so that we can offer even more competitive pricing to our clients
- Head of Video, Gary Wales, using his work skills to great effect to produce and direct a stage and video screen debut of Frankenstein. This stunning performance was proudly supported by the DG crew on opening night and at subsequent performances…
Which just goes to prove that enthusiasm within the workplace is catching and adds a little bit of sparkle to all that we do – as well as attracting the success we deserve.
Here’s to an even more successful and fulfilling 2013 for us all.