Summary of the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior writer who wants to get their teeth into lots of mid and long-form content. You’ll be adept at picking the main things to say, saying them in the right order and using the right tone of voice. We aim to produce content with high readability and impact. So, we’re looking for a healthy disdain for jargon and a knack for sowing creative ideas and themes throughout your words.
If you’ve got experience of writing for IT and tech brands, that’s great. But we’re more interested in your ability to write good copy that answers the brief. There will be some scope to work on ideas with art directors; but this job puts more emphasis on long copy projects, such as white papers and brochures. Whatever you work on, you’ll bring technical subjects to life. And you’ll be passionate about its quality.
We’d also like you to mentor junior team members, so we’re looking for a strong editor.
Skills, competencies and experience
- Be a master of copy, and ready to champion the discipline within the agency.
- Know your way around a whitepaper, e-book, guide, etc.
- Have lots of experience writing original, attention-grabbing copy.
- Know how to translate complex, technical information into plain English.
- Be able to strike the balance between strategic and creative thinking.
- Know how to stay calm under pressure – while maintaining attention to detail, of course.
- Be able to see projects through, from brief to final draft.
- Be a grammar, editing and proofreading hero.
- Know how to communicate with, and present to, agency clients.
- Understand how the B2B and B2C spaces work, from a marketing perspective.
- Be confident in mentoring and reviewing the work of junior team members.
- Just ‘get’ how to foster positive intra-agency relationships.
General Attitudes & Abilities
- Nice, approachable way of working with people, a team player
- Self-starter, goes above and beyond
- Seeks out opportunity and challenge
- Looking to be part of the future of our agency and industry